I am having to jump ahead this week, as I am pretty much full tilt with work and travel from Tuesday.
I created a ‘book dummy’. It has ‘old’ images from March, as I won’t be shooting in Cambodia until next week. However, it combines some elements that I really think might work.
I have transferred the ‘traces’ into digital negatives, and then printed them on semi-transparent tracing paper.
This is then matched with ‘normal’ images.
At this point, these are a blend of images from Sarath’s story, and the history of the genocide. I need to decide on the focus – though right now it is all about testing ideas.
I turned the pages, Ingrid shot the movie, and I cleaned it up a little in Adobe Premiere.