No material (verbal or graphic) should be copied without the author’s permission. Yatesweb, Leader-Values, Mick’s Leadership blog, Mick Yates, Mick Yates Photography, Mick’s Photo Blog and the 4E’s Leadership Framework and other materials unless otherwise stated are authored and © mick yates 2019.
All images, photographs, designs, trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on Leader-Values, Mick Yates.com, Mick Yates Photography, Mick’s Photo Blog and on Mick’s Leadership Blog are the property of their respective owners.
We are happy for Mick’s materials to be reproduced, provided prior permission is obtained. Some of Mick’s articles are now being licensed under the Creative Commons License scheme. These carry at the bottom of the article or post the Creative Commons logo
For all photographs, images and articles by Mick and all of our other contributors the full copyright remains theirs. Please respect this, and contact us for the appropriate permissions – we will secure the author’s approval. We reserve the right to refuse or delete material which inappropriately abuses author’s copyright.
- Trademarks & Registrations
The LeaderValues logo is a UK Registered Trademark No. 2309926.
The LeaderValues logo is a US Trademark Service Mark No. 3,532,483.
The “4E’s” and the “4E’S” are UK Registered Trademark No. 2402460.
The 4E’s graphic is a UK Registered Design No. 3022567.
We respect individual privacy. We do not reveal personal information to third parties about any individual or organization that contacts us, unless there is prior agreement. Whilst most of the materials on our sites can be used without sharing any of your personal data, please note that in some sections you may be disclosing personal information about yourself.
Whilst the site is is not designed for use by children under the age of 13, we do not intend to have anything on this site which would be offensive or damaging to anyone of any age, including children.
We collects anonymous statistical data from the site which we may use for our own analytical or marketing purposes. This might include, for example, data on the percentage of people visiting certain pages, or results from the self assessment. Your specific personal choices will never be revealed to anyone. You would only be part of an aggregate pool which would include a large number of other anonymous individuals.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent from a web server to a browser and is stored on your local hard drive. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk – neither can it read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.
- How do you use our materials?
Subject to the note on copyright above, we are happy to give permission for our material to be used for teaching or other purposes, provided the original source is recognised and has a link attached. Please e-mail if you would like to use our materials.
- How do you send a guest post?
We prefer original content, although we will re-publish interesting work already posted elsewhere, in the editor’s discretion.
Our preference is articles 500-1000 words in length. The style and “voice” is yours. Subject matter should be related to our core topics.
Articles submitted will not be altered without prior permission, except for formatting, and the author retains full copyright. Please submit your work as a text file via e-mail (Word, plain text etc.) with your formatting included if appropriate. Where possible please limit the use of tables and large size graphics.
We do not compensate for guest articles but we will include a short biography and photograph about guest authors. We are also happy to link to other websites and social media channels in the bio section (within reason – not too many links, please!). With your submission, please therefore include a brief biography, a hi-res photo, and reference to your other work. We will also publish the necessary contact links to the author’s website or e-mail with your article.
We do not accept ‘essay writing’ services, and we do reserve the right not to publish.
We do not accept advertorials.
Please be aware that we have a global audiences – readers from over 140 countries in fact. So anything related to data management should, for example, probably have reference to EU GDPR law.
Unless specifically pre-agreed, all articles are published non-exclusively – you are free to submit your work to other publishers. If your work is first published on on our sites, we request that you include a reference to the original publication.
We will only publish articles submitted if contact details are enclosed (although we will withhold the writer’s identity if requested). We reserve the right to publish.
Publication does not suggest that anyone associated with our sites endorses the views expressed.
- Re-publishing of Articles
We are often asked for articles we feature to be republished on other web sites or newsletters – we will normally allow this if our editors judge the context appropriate, as it extends the readership of the author’s work and we are committed to providing excellent coverage of all of our authors. We cannot accept liabilities from such republishing, but we will insist on proper copyright attributions for the author.
Thus an article’s acceptance by us grants our editors the right to republish the material.
If material is republished, we will inform the author. When articles are re-published, the copyright of each author is fully protected. This includes but is not limited to all references and web links provided by the author. An author’s copyright notice and date is included. The article is not changed, edited, or reworded in any part or in any way. Graphics are presented exactly as in the original. Hyperlinks are kept ‘live’ in the article so that users can click on the link and be taken to its destination.
- Legal Jurisdiction
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
LeaderValues reserves all rights in regards to the nature and any other detail of any material, program or service on the site. We reserve the right to change the site’s contents without notice.
We reserve the right to publish articles submitted. Publication does not suggest that either LeaderValues or Mick Yates endorses the views expressed.
A link to another site from any part, article, quote, or link library on this site suggest any form of endorsement or liability accepted on behalf of LeaderValues or Mick Yates.We have no responsibility for the content of external sites.
All posts on our sites are of a personal nature, and suggest no professional endorsement or liability in any form.
All of the information on this site is based on the opinion of the writers who contribute to our sites. Most of these writers are professionals, but they often are not lawyers, financial advisors, therapists etc. unless otherwise stated in their biographies. Use of our sites is thus not a substitute for professional legal, financial or consultant advice. We can take no liability arising from articles or other materials published on the site, whatever the source.