We been been asked to state our ‘photographic mission’. Here’s mine:
What are your responsibilities?
- Firstly, in all of my work, I have a responsibility to adhere to sound ethical practice, acting with integrity, treating people fairly and with respect.
- Secondly, I have a responsibility to develop a signature style, as part of my own development as a photographer, which will stand the test of time.
- And thirdly, I have a responsibility to delight clients – delivering to the brief, with high quality, creative and aesthetically appropriate work – always on time.
Who are you answerable to?
- I am first and foremost answerable to myself, to ensure that my photography is delivered to the standard which as an artist I deem acceptable – technically, artistically and ethically.
- Secondly, I am answerable to the people in my photographs, to present them in an appropriate and respectful manner – and to not break the trust they have in me as I make the photograph.
- Thirdly, I am answerable to my tutors and mentors, to learn from them.
Who should answer to you as an image maker?
- Leica, agencies, tutors and mentors – who all have me as a customer.